Monday 21 May 2012

Just Another Manic(ure) Monday!



Happy Monday lovelies! Do you like the post title? Haha, I think I'll try and make these a regular thing so I can show you my nails of the week in a more structured way! Anyway, this week it's polka dots! What do ya think?



The base colour is the gorgeous Tropical Temptation from Revlon. A lovely coral shade, which is perfect for the summer months! I call this my 'sophisticated coral' as I feel like it's a more grown up shade than some other corals I have in my collection such as Barry M's Coral or Essie's Tart Deco.

The polka dots were achieved using my Model's Own nail art pen in white. As the below pictures show, the product comes with a striper and a 'dotter?' (the bottom pic) which I used to achieve this look. Now, as I've previously stated, I don't have the steadiest of hands so I've never really been one for very detailed nail art. I know this isn't detailed and is extremely basic but I think it's so cute and summery! And the nail art pen made it really easy to achieve! It also comes in pink, yellow and blue and I picked mine up in Boots for £6. However, similar ones are available on eBay in a wider range of colours.    



Do you like it as much as I do? What are you sporting on your nails at the moment? Thanks for reading! xx

16 comments:

  1. Very cute nails, I keep forgetting to use my nail pen, silly me!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your polka dot nails! :) Your blog is awesome-just became a member/follower of your blog. I hope you'll follow me back and we can keep in touch. Happy Blogging!!! 



    Elle xoxo


    www.thehighfeather.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! of course, now following you back! xx

      Delete
  3. this is so cute, reminds me of pretty lady bugs :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, aww yeh i didn't think of that but they do look like lady bugs don't they! xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely post, dear.. i like your blog, too. Wanna follow each other?
    kisses,
    http://www.keepitstylishandsexy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) sure, i'm following you now :) xx

      Delete
  5. This is such a cute manicure Abi! Love the little polka dots. Greetings from Atlanta. Also, I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog - the prize is a cute pair of silver earrings. Check it out here! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this manicure! I wish had a steady hand to do this! now following too:)

    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice!!!Loved the idea:)
    xx

    http://beleza-natural2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your comment on my blog, these nails are so cute, they remind me of Minnie mouse :)

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. i need that art pen! love how you did your nails. the design is too cute!

    whitney
    whitwatwear

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh soooooo cute! :)

    thanks for comment on my blog,i like your blog,and i'm following you :) xxx

    teenfashioncorner.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love this, this is super cute! xoxo
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH my gosh! I LOVE the polka dots! Super cute and I chuckled at your post title.

    ReplyDelete