Sunday 7 October 2012

Review: NEW Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paints

Hola Chicas! How have your weekends been? I'm currently enjoying a lazy Sunday evening curled up on the sofa with a blanket and X Factor...what more could you want?!

Anyway, as I was perusing my local Boots the other day (a past time I very much enjoy!) I noticed these little beauties on the Barry M display! I hadn't heard anything in the YouTube and blogging world so was surprised to see them! I decided to pick up two shades - Watermelon (a deep turquoise) and Pomegranate (a dark fuchsia). I had a hard time picking between the lovely autumnal colours available.

I had high hopes for these polishes. I imagined them to be a gel like consistency as you'd expect from the name. I was hoping for something that would kind of give similar effects of a shellac manicure but for a fraction of the price (these polishes retail at (£3.99 each). However, I must say I'm disappointed. I honestly can't tell the difference between these Gelly polishes and the regular Barry M Nail Paints which are £1 cheaper! Don't get me wrong, as nail polish goes these are lovely - easy to work with, opaque in two coats, reasonably priced, colour in the bottle is what you'll get on your nails. BUT, why are they a quid more expensive and why do they have a different fancy name? As far as I can see there's no 'gelly-ness' about them and the effect is no more shiny than other polishes!

I must say, Pomegranate impressed me more than Watermelon did in terms of longevity and shine but neither were what I was hoping for.

Have any of you tried these nail paints? What did you think?

8 comments:

  1. hi darling...thank for your follow...now I follow you back...what do you think to follow each other on bloglovin'??? I just started to follow you ^^
    kiss and have a nice day

    vendy
    http://simplelifeve.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a shame, I'd really wanted to try these but if they aren't special then I shan't bother! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the blueberry shade and thought it was really shiny compared to usual Barry m but it chipped after one day & i know what you mean about it not being 'gelly' x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh maybe I'll try that shade then! Thanks for reading! Xx

      Delete
  4. they sound really good! i love barry m, i need to try them :D xx

    www.ohabbiee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awh I'm disappointed to hear that, I was actually going to pick some up today but went with normal Barry M instead

    Ellie | Misseblog xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen that brand before but I am sorry they are not what u expected
    check out my blog?
    the cloudgalaxy.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad I read this post before I checked out of my Barry M online order!
    I was just about to buy the Watermelon shade, will be trying it in-store now before I commit :)
    Following your blog now :) Hope you'll check out mine
    Taz x
    talulahs-attic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete